Lonmin Engineering Learnership
Location: Marikana, NW
Closing Date: May 2012
The LEARNERSHIP will be developed in the role as part of a formal programme to ensure that sufficient discipline specific skills are available for the business.
At least 1 year experience within a mining environment will be an advantage.
- Discipline Specific Duties
- Stakeholder Relations
- Relevant computer skills (MS Office) will be an advantage.
- Numerical skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- No major sensory restrictions with the ability to pass a medical fitness test
- Practically orientated
- Procedural step-by-step approach
- Ensure that programme objectives and associated tasks are well understood.
- Completion of all phases of the development programme within the specified timeframe.
- Escalation of all queries and concerns associated with the programme and completion thereof where necessary.
- Adhere to all Mine standards and procedures.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner.
- Assist team members in the completion of tasks.
- Compile development progress reports and arrange discussion of progress with the appropriate Lonmin Academy stakeholder.
- Report all inconsistencies and barriers to development and growth.
- Report and communicate ideas and recommendations.
- Ensure effective team relationships and support.
- Build and maintain partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders within the business.
- Engage relevant stakeholders to gain the necessary business context.
- Support and promote a positive work environment.
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Adhering to principles & values
- Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Grade 9 or equivalent ABET 4 qualification.
- Technical Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 qualification or N2 with the relevant trade theory